Hello!
I've been terribly lax in maintaining/promoting this comm, but now that finals are over and holidays winding down I at last have the time and more importantly the energy to get things rolling. As you can see I've put up a catch-all moderator post and a prompt meme which are hopefully both self-explanatory. I hope to get the ball rolling with some posts myself in the near future, including a look at my favorite Golden Age Wonder Woman moments and possibly a (much-improved upon version of a) Wonder Woman focused paper I wrote for a final, because I'm just that much of a nerd.
But as long as we're here:
What do you like about Wonder Woman and its related titles? Favorite story? Favorite character? Favorite writer? Favorite era? Least favorites of any of the above? Or anything else you'd like to stay or discuss in the comments below! If intro posts are your thing, this is the place for them.
I've been terribly lax in maintaining/promoting this comm, but now that finals are over and holidays winding down I at last have the time and more importantly the energy to get things rolling. As you can see I've put up a catch-all moderator post and a prompt meme which are hopefully both self-explanatory. I hope to get the ball rolling with some posts myself in the near future, including a look at my favorite Golden Age Wonder Woman moments and possibly a (much-improved upon version of a) Wonder Woman focused paper I wrote for a final, because I'm just that much of a nerd.
But as long as we're here:
What do you like about Wonder Woman and its related titles? Favorite story? Favorite character? Favorite writer? Favorite era? Least favorites of any of the above? Or anything else you'd like to stay or discuss in the comments below! If intro posts are your thing, this is the place for them.
Suppose I should start...
Date: 2011-12-27 04:59 am (UTC)While I adore Diana herself my favorite character would probably be Etta Candy--specifically the original version. There's just something about a fun-loving college woman with a sweet tooth and an army of sorority girls that I find endlessly endearing.
I'm not sure if I have a favorite writer, though I have ones I prefer over others. I do love how Greg Rucka really explored and expanded on the Diana's duties as an ambassador, balancing that life with the occasional saving of the world. And her fight with Medusa will never stop being bad-ass.
I also liked the storyline where Diana is stranded in space and ends up leading a revolution that spans several planets, heavy-handed as it got sometimes (An entire species of males who hate women? Really?).
On the subject of least favorites--I really disliked the period where Diana lost her Wonder Woman title to Artemis; an interesting idea that was ruined by (among other things) the twisting of Hippolyta's character/history to fit the plot and the terrible costume Diana wore in the meantime. Bra, jacket, and bike shorts? What?
The 'Zeus is Diana's father' change is something I simply cannot wrap my head around and I'm just sort of ignoring it until it's retconned.
Re: Suppose I should start...
Date: 2011-12-27 08:35 pm (UTC)Re: Suppose I should start...
Date: 2011-12-27 10:16 pm (UTC)